Tribulus Maximus 250mg
DescriptionTribulus terrestris is an herb also known as Puncture Vine or Caltrop. Listed by the U.S. government as a ‘noxious weed’, this plant is appreciated elsewhere for its medicinal properties. The fruit has traditional use in India, China, and Turkey as a diuretic, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory or aphrodisiac; for treating hypertension, liver and kidney diseases; for infertility, impotence, urinary infections, and incontinence; for diabetes, respiratory infections, uterine disorders, bladderstones, hemorrhoids, and colic pains. Scientific support exists for some of these uses, including:
- Heart disease — the herb improves coronary circulation;
- Bladderstones, intestinal spasms, and colic pains;
- Vitiligo — T. terrestris stimulates melanocyte proliferation;
- Erectile dysfunction — the herb contains protodioscin, a pro-erectile compound;
- Low sperm counts and infertility.
Tribulus is also a popular testosterone booster and athletic performance enhancer. Chemicals in the fruit are thought to cause the pituitary gland to produce more luteinizing hormone, a stimulator of testosterone production.