Tummy Tea Organic Loose Fennel Can
Heather's Tummy Tea™ ~ Fennel
For IBS bloating and gas - rapid relief!
* Loose tea or unbleached jumbo tea bags!
* Ingredients: organic fennel
* High volatile oil content ~ Whole seeds
* Certified organic by QAI
* Kosher certified
* Grown in Egypt
* Volatile Oil: 1.5% minimum
* Naturally caffeine-free, gluten-free
Heather's Tummy Tea™ Fennel ~ A Medical Food for the Dietary
Management of IBS
Clinical studies have shown that fennel, as part of the diet, helps regulate contractions of the small intestine and aids gas expulsion. Fennel also relaxes the gut, which can relieve spasms of the GI tract. As a result, fennel assists in the dietary management of IBS symptoms, and is exceptional for IBS bloating, gas and abdominal pain. Fennel is also a traditional digestive aid for colic, heartburn, indigestion, and stomachaches.
Heather's Tummy Tea™ is packed in very generous quantities because it is meant to be used daily as a medical food for IBS; brew a delicious cup of tea several times a day, every day, as part of your dietary management of IBS symptoms.
Heather's Tummy Tea™ Fennel is unique because it is formulated to contain a high volatile oil content and whole seed size (both factors are integral to the quality and potency of fennel); it is harvested and packaged to be as fresh as possible; and it is processed for minimal volatile oil dissipation. It is the volatile oils in fennel that make it so effective for the dietary management of IBS symptoms, particularly bloating and gas.
Our fennel is certified organic and is guaranteed to be the freshest, strongest, and most delicious fennel tea available! If you're used to drinking fennel tea from store-bought tea bags, you'll find the difference in strength and taste of Heather's Tummy Tea™ nothing short of astonishing.
Fennel's primary volatile oils are are anethole, fenchone, and estragole. Anethole is known to have a relaxing effect on the intestine. Fennel also has antioxidant and antimicrobial properties.
There is a world of difference between Heather's Tummy Teas and typical store brands. Typical fennel tea brands are just meant to be enjoyed as a "nice hot cup of tea", for simple drinking pleasure. This is NOT the case with Heather's Tummy Teas.
Heather's Fennel Tummy Tea is sourced and specially produced for IBS-specific purposes and results, in several ways:
* Extremely high volatile oil levels. Why does this matter? Because the volatile oil is the component within the tea that yields the medicinal benefits. The higher the volatile oil level, the greater the medicinal value.
* Whole fennel seed size. Other teabag brands use "teabag cut" herbs, which are very finely milled. This is so the tea will flow through teabag machines. But, the more finely you cut an herb, the more volatile oil is released and dissipated, and the weaker the final cup of brewed tea will be. (We actually customized our own teabag machines so that we could run whole seed fennel through our machines.)
* Special jumbo-size teabags, which give an average of two to three times more tea per bag as other brands.
* USDA certified organic. This means, among other things, that our herbs are guaranteed free of: pesticides, fertilizers, herbicides, GMO (genetically modified organisms), preservatives, additives, irradiation, and there is no animal testing.
Organic materials and processing are significantly more expensive. But, our tea prices are actually significantly less expensive than non-organic brands.
In addition, a comprehensive review of 97 published studies (published as the "State of Science Review" by The Organic Center) comparing the nutritional quality of organic and conventional foods has shown that organic plants contain higher levels of 8 of 11 nutrients studied, including significantly greater concentrations of the health-promoting polyphenols and antioxidants. This review concluded that organically grown plants are 25% more nutrient dense, on average, than conventionally grown plants.
* Packed in very generous quantities, as this tea is meant to be used daily for IBS symptoms. We offer 45 Fennel Tummy Teabags per canister. This is 3-4 times more teabags per container than other brands, which means you will have enough tea on hand to use it regularly, which is how it works best for IBS.
The end result? Fennel Tummy Tea is exponentially stronger and more effective, and a better value, than other brands.
Fennel Tummy Tea is the only brand of medicinal strength fennel tea for IBS we're aware of, and one sip is all it takes to tell the difference.
It isn't enough to get a great value for your IBS treatments - you have to also get great results. For bloating, gas, and abdominal pain, Fennel Tummy Tea offers both.
Brew Heather's Tummy Tea™ ~ Organic Fennel as teabags or as loose tea; for
the loose tea, use any type of tea strainer, tea ball, or tea press. Brew with
boiling water, but do not actually boil the teabags or loose tea in water as
this can destroy its volatile oils, and thus its effectiveness. Fennel tea (like
all of Heather's Tummy Teas™) is naturally caffeine-free, as it does not contain
any actual tea leaves (tea is a specific plant, even though other herbal drinks
are commonly called "teas"). The stronger you brew this tea the more effective
it will be. Lightly crushing the seeds before brewing them with hot water will
increase their strength. The teabags are unbleached and organic-suitable.
Fennel tea can be sweetened with a little honey or plain sugar if you wish but I also think it's delicious plain. It can be chilled into iced tea, but remember that ice-cold beverages on an empty stomach can trigger GI spasms, whereas the heat in hot teas is in and of itself a muscle relaxant. The stronger the fennel tea, the more pronounced its beneficial effects on your digestion, so don't be afraid to make a dark brew!