Allergies plague an estimated 20% of Americans. Technically speaking, allergies are an inappropriate response by the body’s immune system to a substance that is not normally harmful. The body wrongly identifies a non-toxic substance as an invader and the white blood cells overreact creating the dreaded allergic response. That response can range from sneezing, nasal congestion, coughing wheezing and itching to shortness of breath, headache, fatigue, hives and other skin rashes.
Throughout the millennia, a host of natural remedies for allergy symptoms have been proven successful. Specifically, traditional healers have long used combinations of herbs that help relieve the symptoms of allergies. Olympian Labs has included these proven remedies in Aller-G Formula 25.
- Goldenseal is one of the oldest recorded natural remedies. It is a broad-spectrum herb with antibiotic qualities used to relieve cold and flu symptoms, as well as the congestion associated with allergies.
- Native Americans have used Echinacea for centuries as an immune system booster. It helps maintain a line of defense against viruses and environmental toxins. It helps lessen the severity of symptoms and helps speed recovery.
- Garlic has long been considered the “wonder drug” of the herbal world. It is especially useful for clearing ear infections caused by congestion and soothing sore throats.
- Yerba Santa is known as an asthma reliever and gives relief to bronchial congestion, and hayfever. It also relieves congestion and quiets a cough.
- Nettle is a traditional folk remedy for allergies and hayfever. It relieves inflammation cause by allergies and clears congestion in the nose and chest.
- Mullein is another old-time remedy for bronchitis and a dry unproductive cough. It is an excellent expectorant, clears out congestion and soothes a sore throat.
- White Willow Bark is known as “nature’s aspirin”. It is known to break fevers, soothe headaches and reduce aches and pains.
Vitamin C, Niacin, and Panothetic Acid have been added to help boost your immune system. Part of the B Complex vitamins, Niacin and Panotheic Acid help to maintain a healthy system and aid in forming antibodies. Vitamin C is an overall good antioxidant that helps with immune system problems and has been shown to help eradicate allergy symptoms.
The additional important ingredients include Bee Pollen, Propolis and Citrus Aurantium Extract which may help to decrease or eliminate allergy symptoms. Propolis is a natural product produced by bees and has been shown to provide a wide spectrum of health promoting and health restoring benefits.