Disclaimer: This website is for informational purposes only. Always check the actual product label in your possession for the most accurate ingredient information due to product changes or upgrades that may not yet be reflected on our web site. These statements made in this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The products offered are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you believe that you may have a disease condition, please consult your healthcare practitioner immediately, and before using any dietary supplement product.
Baryta Carbonica 30C 80 Pellet
Homeopathic medicines are therapeutically active micro-doses of mineral, botanical and biological substances. They are reliable and safe drugs, therefore considered by many as an excellent first choice when self-medicating. Homeopathy has been used for more than 200 years, building a remarkable safety record and generating a great body of knowledge. Today, homeopathy is used by millions of patients in more than 65 countries and recommended by more than 400,000 healthcare providers. Since the passing of the federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act in 1938, homeopathic medicines have been regulated as drugs by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA).1 To be accepted as a homeopathic medicine by the FDA, product ingredients must be identified in the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States (HPUS) or generally accepted as homeopathic under the principles of homeopathy. All Boiron homeopathic medicines are manufactured according to the highest standards, complying with the specifications of the HPUS as well as drug Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP). Being regulated as a drug, as opposed to a food or dietary supplement, ensures that homeopathic medicines adhere to drug labeling specifications. Like packaging for conventional over-the-counter drugs, packaging for homeopathic medicines must state specific diseases, ailments or symptoms for which the product is to be used, the concentration of active substance or substances contained therein, the recommended dosage and the mode of application. These clear specifications make choices easier for consumers and guidance easier for retailers.
Common Name: Barium carbonate From Boericke's Materia Medica: Specially indicated in infancy and old age. This remedy brings aid to scrofulous children, especially if they are backward mentally and physically, are dwarfish, do not grow and develop, have scrofulous ophthalmia, swollen abdomen, take cold easily, and then always have swollen tonsils. Persons subject to quinsy which is prone to suppurate, gums bleed easily. Diseases of old men when degenerative changes begin,-cardiac vascular and cerebral,-who have hypertrophied prostate or indurated testes, very sensitive to cold, offensive foot-sweats, very weak and weary, must sit or lie down or lean on something. Very averse to meeting strangers. Catarrh of posterior nares, with frequent epistaxis. Often useful in the dyspepsias of the young who have masturbated and who suffer from seminal emissions, together with cardiac irritability and palpitation. Affects glandular structures, and useful in general degenerative changes, especially in coats of arteries, aneurism, and senility. Baryta is a cardio-vascular poison acting on the muscular coats of heart and vessels. Arterial fibrosis. Blood-vessels soften and degenerate, become distended, and aneurisms, ruptures, and apoplexies result.
- Mind.-Loss of memory, mental weakness. Irresolute. Lost confidence in himself. Senile dementia. Confusion. Bashful. Aversion to strangers. Childish, grief over trifles.
- Head.-Vertigo, stitches, when standing in the sun, extending through head. Brain feels as if loose. Hair falls out. Confusion. Wens.
- Eyes.-Alternate dilatation and contraction of pupils. Photophobia. Gauze before eyes. Cataracts (Calc, Phos, Sil).
- Ears.-Hardness of hearing. Crackling noise. Glands around ears painful and swollen. Reverberation on blowing nose.
- Nose.-Dry, sneezing, coryza, with swelling of upper lip and nose. Sensation of smoke in nose. Discharge of thick, yellow mucus. Frequent bleeding. Scabs around wings of nose.
- Face.-Pale, puffed, sensation as of cobweb (Alumina). Upper lip swollen.
- Mouth.-Awakes with dry mouth. Gums bleed and retract. Teeth ache before menses. Mouth filled with inflamed vesicles, foul taste. Paralysis of tongue. Smarting, burning pain in tip of tongue. Dribbling of saliva at dawn. Spasm of sophagus when food enters.
- Throat.-Submaxillary glands and tonsils swollen. Takes cold easily, with stitches and smarting pain. Quinsy. Suppurating tonsils from every cold. Tonsils inflamed, with swollen veins. Smarting pain when swallowing, worse empty swallowing. Feeling of a plug in pharynx. Can only swallow liquids. Spasm of sophagus as soon as food enters sophagus, causes gagging and choking (Merc cor, Graphit). Throat troubles from over use of voice. Stinging pain in tonsils, pharynx or larynx.
- Stomach.-Waterbrash, hiccough, and eructation, which relieves pressure as of a stone. Hungry, but refuses food. Pain and weight immediately after a meal, with epigastric tenderness (Kali carb). Worse after warm food. Gastric weakness in the aged with possible malignancy present.
- Abdomen.-Hard and tense, distended. Colicky. Enlarged mesenteric glands. Pain in abdomen swallowing food. Habitual colic, with hunger, but food is refused.
- Rectum.-Constipation, with hard, knotty stools. Hmorrhoids protrude on urinating. Crawling in rectum. Oozing at anus.
- Urinary.-Every time patient urinates, his piles come down. Urging to urinate. Burning in urethra on urinating.
- Male.-Diminished desire and premature impotence. Enlarged prostate. Testicles indurated.
- Female.-Before menses, pain in stomach and small of back. Menses scanty.
- Respiratory.-Dry, suffocative cough, especially in old people, full of mucus but lacking strength to expectorate, worse every change of weather (Senega). Larynx feels as if smoke were inhaled. Chronic aphonia. Stitches in chest, worse inspiration. Lungs feel full smoke.
- Heart.-Palpitation and distress in region of heart. Aneurism (Lycop). Accelerates the heart's action at first, blood pressure much increased, contraction of blood vessels. Palpitation when lying on left side, when thinking of it especially, pulse full and hard. Cardiac symptoms after suppressed foot-sweat.
- Back.-Swollen glands in nape of occiput. Fatty tumors about neck. Bruised pain between scapul. Stiffness in sacrum. Weakness of spine.
- Extremities.-Pain in axillary glands. Cold, clammy feet (Calc). Fetid foot-sweats. Numbness of limbs. Numb feeling from knees to scrotum, disappears when sitting down. Toes and soles sore, soles painful when walking. Pain in joints, burning pains in lower limbs.
- Sleep.-Talking in sleep, awakens frequently, feels too hot. Twitching during sleep.
- Modalities.-Worse, while thinking of symptoms, from washing, lying on painful side. Better, walking in open air.
- Relationship.-Compare: Digitalis, Radium, Aragallus, Oxytrop, Astrag. Complementary: Dulc, Silica, Psorin. Incompatible: Calc. Antidote for poisonous doses: Epsom salts.
Warnings: Keep out of reach of children. As with all dietary supplements, consult your healthcare professional before use. See product label for more information.