Disclaimer: This website is for informational purposes only. Always check the actual product label in your possession for the most accurate ingredient information due to product changes or upgrades that may not yet be reflected on our web site. These statements made in this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The products offered are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you believe that you may have a disease condition, please consult your healthcare practitioner immediately, and before using any dietary supplement product.
Cytidine-5'-diphosphocholine is an intermediate in the biosynthesis of phosphatidylcholine (PC) and other structural phospholipids
of cell membranes.
According to scientific studies, supplementation with CDP Choline
- increases the body’s PC production, affecting the composition of cell membranes
- has effects on various tissues, especially the nervous system
- increases cerebral metabolism
- alters the levels of neurotransmitters, such as dopamine
- decreases cocaine-craving during drug withdrawal
- is neuroprotective in cases of stroke and brain injury; accelerates recovery of motor control and improves memory and recall
- enhances learning ability in healthy “older subjects”
- has no serious side effects
A dose of 500 mg/day is normally used. The benefit in stroke recovery was only slightly better when 2000 mg/day was used.
Amelioration of cocaine withdrawal was achieved with 500 mg twice per day.