Anti-Glycation Serum with Blueberry & Pomegranate Extracts
1 oz (30 ml)
Glycation reactions are responsible for weakening collagen fibers’ regenerative ability, which leads to the characteristics we commonly associate with visible skin aging: wrinkling, sagging, and looseness. Fortunately, the ingredients in Cosmesis Anti-Glycation Serum with Blueberry and Pomegranate Extracts can help address the consequences of skin glycation in several ways.
Blueberries: Improving skin renewal
Blueberries contain powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agents and are packed with phytonutrients called anthocyanins. Anthocyanins help keep skin looking youthful through their effects on the collagen matrix and improved microcirculation.1
Pomegranate: Strong antioxidant support
Pomegranate extracts provide nutritional support for fibroblast cells in the skin’s dermis, resulting in healthier looking skin.2
Hyaluronic acid: Crucial skin hydration
Replenishing the skin with hyaluronic acid counteracts the loss of skin volume and fullness that occurs with glycation and aging3,4
and helps to tighten loose areas of the skin.
Vitamin C: Reviving aging skin
Vitamin C is vital for nourishing collagen6
and is also a potent antioxidant that can help rejuvenate aged and photodamaged skin.7
Antioxidant tea benefits
Potent natural antioxidants found in white, green, black, and red tea extracts can help protect skin from the visible aging effects of inflammation and oxidative stress.8,9
In a human trial measuring improvement in the signs of skin aging in 63 women (aged 45-61 years) after treatment with a topical mixture containing 4% blueberry extract and a hyaluronic acid-synthesizing ingredient, the results showed improvement in the appearance of:
- Fine lines (over 80% improvement)
- Deep wrinkles (over 80% improvement)
- Firmness and elasticity (over 60% improvement)
- Overall appearance (over 80% improvement)
- Tactile roughness (almost 100% improvement)
1. Altern Med Rev. 2001 Oct;6(5);500-4.
2. J Ethnopharmacol. 2006 Feb20;103(3);311-8
3. Pol Merkur Lekarski. 2006 May;20(119):606-8.
4. J Drugs Dermatol. 2006 Nov;5(10):959-64.
5. J Cell Physiol 1998 Dec;177(3):465-73
6. J Biol Chem. 1984 May 10;259(9):5403-5.
7. Exp Dermatol. 2003 Jun;12(3):237-44.
8. Acta Pol Pharm. 2007 Mar;64(2):159-64.
9. Phytother Res. 2007 Jan;21(1):1-16.
Purified Water, Hyaluronic Acid, Glycerine, Blueberry Extract (Vaccinium Angustifolium), Pomegranate Extract (Punica Granatum), Vitamin C (Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate), Concentrated Tea Blend Extract, Phenolyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.
Dosage and Use
Put two to three drops in the palm of your hand and with
fingertips apply to face and neck.