Disclaimer: This website is for informational purposes only. Always check the actual product label in your possession for the most accurate ingredient information due to product changes or upgrades that may not yet be reflected on our web site. These statements made in this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The products offered are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you believe that you may have a disease condition, please consult your healthcare practitioner immediately, and before using any dietary supplement product.
Healthy Immune Support 120 Tablet
A healthy body begins with healthy cells. Effective immune system function is vital for our health. Our defense system is composed of a variety of immune cells that protect us from microorganisms and bio-factors (e.g., cytokines) that assist in this process. In addition, the immune system is dependent on the optimum function of certain glands, including thyroid, thymus, adrenals and others. Specific vitamins, plant ingredients (phytobiologicals) and other micronutrients play an important role in supporting the production and function of immune cells and bio factors towards an effective immune response. An optimum daily supply of specific vitamins, minerals and many other nutritional components is essential for formation of healthy blood cells and to support the function of organs regulating our immune response.
The Dr. Rath Healthy Immune System Formula
The Dr. Rath Healthy Immune System Formula is built on our pioneering research which identified a team of specific micronutrients providing optimum bio-energy and supporting the function of immune cells. The interactions of these micronutrient teams result in optimized health benefits and are called nutrient synergy.
Key Synergy Nutrients:
Vitamin C, Lysine, Glutamine, Zinc, Selenium, Inositol, Astralagus extract, Quercetin, Kelp and many others.
- Vitamin C: Helps in optimum blood cell production and protects the cells from free radical damage. In addition to having antiviral properties, such as inactivating the viral DNA, vitamin C also stimulates the production of antibodies and increases the function of white blood cells that help by killing the microbes (phagocytic action).
- Zinc: Is essential for normal function and development of various cells of the immune system. It is an antioxidant and also helps in development of lymphoid tissues and the thymus gland, which are critical in healthy immune function.
- Intrinsic factor: Intrinsic factor is crucial in absorption of vitamin B12. Vitamin B12 is necessary for maturation of red blood cells and it also helps nourish nerve tissues of the brain and spinal cord.
- Glutamine: Lymphocytes are the key blood cells involved in immune response. Glutamine helps in optimal lymphocyte formation in the blood. Being the building block of an important antioxidant, glutathione, glutamine also contributes in the antioxidant protection system.
- Iodine: Through its action on neutrophils, a type of white blood cell, iodine acts as a potent antibacterial, anti-parasitic, antiviral agent. It is also important for optimum function of the thyroid gland, which affects our bodys defenses.
- Astralagus extract: Astralagus extract is an immuno-modulator and gives the immune system a powerful boost by stimulating white blood cells. Astralagus has antibacterial, antiviral and antioxidant properties.
- Quercetin: This powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory flavonoid has been shown effective in preventing respiratory tract infections. Quercetin helps extend the antioxidant activity of vitamin C and helps improve immune function.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid: In addition to being a powerful antioxidant alpha lipoic acid also modulates the immune system by regulating the action of T-lymphocytes. Alpha lipoic acid works together with vitamins C and E to increase their antioxidant properties as well as increase glutathione levels in the body.
- Selenium: Selenium is a component of many enzymes, some of which are powerful antioxidants. This mineral is required for maturation and proper functioning of neutrophils, macrophages, NK cells and T lymphocytes, all of which are important components in immune function. In addition, selenium acts with iodine in supporting thyroid functions, thereby affecting the immune system.
|Serving Size: 4 Tablets||Servings Per Container: 30|
|Amount Per Serving
||% Daily Value***
|Total Carbohydrates||1 g||less than 1%|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g||4%|
|Vitamin C (from magnesium Ascorbate, Calcium Ascorbate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, As Ascorbic Acid)||950 mg||1583%|
|Vitamin E (as D-Alpha Tocopherol Succinate)||100 IU||333%|
|Vitamin B1 (from Thiamine Mononitrate)||20 mg||1333%|
|Vitamin B2 (as Riboflavin)||20 mg||1176%|
|Vitamin B3 (as Niacin)||50 mg||250%|
|Vitamin B6 (from Pyridoxine HCI)||20 mg||1000%|
|Folic Acid||400 mcg||100%|
|Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin)||20 mcg||333%|
|Pantothenic Acid (from Calcium D-Pantothenate)||50 mg||500%|
|Calcium (from Calcium Citrate, Calcium Ascorbate)||200 mg||20%|
|Iodine (from Kelp)||30 mcg||20%|
|Magnesium (from Magnesium Ascorbate, Magnesium Citrate)||100 mg||25%|
|Zinc (from Zinc Oxide)||20 mg||133%|
|Selenium (from L-Selenomethionine)||80 mcg||114%|
|Sodium||10 mg||less than 1%|
|L-Arginine (from L-Arginine HCI)||200 mg||*|
|L-Lysine (from L-Lysine HCI)||100 mg||*|
|Inositol Hexaphosphate||100 mg||*|
|Citrus Bioflavonoids Complex||100 mg||*|
|Astragalus Root Extract (20% Polysaccharides)||50 mg||*|
|Quercetin (from Quercetin Dihydrate)||50 mg||*|
|Alpha Lipoic Acid||50 mg||*|
|Natural Mixed Tocopherol (from d-beta, gamma & delta Tocopherols)||30 mg||*|
|Intrinsic Factors||10 mg||*|
*Daily Value Not Established
***Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Warnings: Keep out of reach of children. As with all dietary supplements, consult your healthcare professional before use. See product label for more information.