Disclaimer: This website is for informational purposes only. Always check the actual product label in your possession for the most accurate ingredient information due to product changes or upgrades that may not yet be reflected on our web site. These statements made in this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The products offered are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you believe that you may have a disease condition, please consult your healthcare practitioner immediately, and before using any dietary supplement product.
Mitochondrial Energy Optimizer With BioPQQ 120 Capsule
All cells in our bodies contain tiny organelles called mitochondria that function to produce cellular energy by means of the adenosine triphosphate (ATP) cycle. The number of mitochondria in a cell varies widely by organism and by tissue type. A human cell can have from a few to several thousand mitochondria.
Life Extension members now have access to a state-of-the-art nutritional formula called Mitochondrial Energy Optimizer with BioPQQ that not only protects delicate cellular structures and enables cells to perform life-sustaining metabolic processes . . . it also helps generate new mitochondria. This formula is designed to counteract age-related structural and functional changes and promote biogenesis with these unique ingredients
- PQQ (Pyrroloquinoline quinone) this next generation cellular rejuvenator triggers growth of new mitochondria in aging cells and activates genes involved in protecting delicate structures within the mitochondria
- Carnosine As humans age, their proteins become irreversibly damaged by glycation reactions. Glycation is the cross-linking of proteins or lipids and sugar to form non-functioning advanced glycation end-products (AGEs) in the body, which can lead to alterations of normal cell function. Carnosine is not only the premier antiglycating agent, but it also protects neurons against reactive and cytotoxic protein carbonyl species associated with normal aging.
- Luteolin Unremitting systemic inflammation is involved with virtually every undesirable consequence of aging. Culprits behind inflammatory reactions are pro-inflammatory cytokines, such as interleukin-1 and tumor necrosis factor alpha. Luteolin is a super-potent plant extract that has been shown to suppress these inflammatory cytokines.
- Benfotiamine Benfotiamine blocks multiple destructive biochemical pathways, including AGEs' formation pathway, which is induced by higher than desirable blood glucose levels. Human mortality studies indicate that ideal fasting glucose levels are between 7485 mg/dL. Yet many aging people have fasting glucose above 90 mg/dL, which is less than optimal. Benfotiamine can activate glucose metabolism and promote already healthy blood glucose levels already within normal range. In addition, benfotiamine exhibits direct antioxidative capacity and prevents induction of DNA damage.
- Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate Aging results in the formation of toxic advanced glycation end products throughout the body. Pyridoxal 5'-phosphate is the active form of vitamin B6 that has been shown to protect against both lipid and protein glycation reactions.
- R-Lipoic Acid Free radical activity in the mitochondria plays a major role in the loss of cellular vitality. The microencapsulated Bio-Enhanced R-lipoic acid facilitates youthful mitochondrial energy output while guarding against free radicals. Two forms of lipoic acid are sold on the supplement market, but R-lipoic acid is far more potent.
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine Arginate The amino acid L-carnitine is required to transport fats into the mitochondria to be burned for cellular energy. ArginoCarn Acetyl-L-carnitine arginate is a patented form of carnitine that has been shown in cell cultures to stimulate the growth of neurites.
Suggested Use As a dietary supplement Take two capsules twice daily, preferably early in the day or all at once upon wakening, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner. This product can be taken with or without food. Refrigerate after opening - Or as directed by your healthcare professional.
|Amount Per Serving
||% Daily Value***
|Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxal 5-phosphate)||100 mg|
|Calcium (as calcium carbonate)||230 mg|
|ArginoCarn Acetyl-L-carnitine arginate dihydrochloride||675 mg|
|R-Lipoic Acid (as microencapsulated Bio-Enhanced stabilized Na-RALA sodium R-lipoate)||150 mg|
|BioPQQ Pyrroloquinoline quinone disodium salt||10 mg|
|Luteolin from Pureolin and SMART (Cynara cardunculus) extract (leaf)||8 mg|
***Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Other Ingredients: Vegetable cellulose (capsule), microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable stearate, silica, candelilla wax, beeswax, calcium silicate.
Warnings: Keep out of reach of children. As with all dietary supplements, consult your healthcare professional before use. See product label for more information.