Disclaimer: This website is for informational purposes only. Always check the actual product label in your possession for the most accurate ingredient information due to product changes or upgrades that may not yet be reflected on our web site. These statements made in this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The products offered are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you believe that you may have a disease condition, please consult your healthcare practitioner immediately, and before using any dietary supplement product.
The Poly-Zyme supplements are combinations of enzymes having different purposes or methods of use. These products are widely
used in Germany. The following information comes mostly from German clinical studies and reports from users:
- Poly-Zyme 021 is used for alleviating indigestion, allergies, and inflammatory conditions, such as arthritis, sinusitis, and
joint and muscle injuries, and for vein-related conditions, such as hemorrhoids, easy bruising, nosebleeds, and venous insufficiency.
The supplement draws from the following repertoire of enzymes and flavonoids:
- the proteolytic enzymes pancreatin, papain, bromelain, trypsin, and chymotrypsin cleave proteins into fragments;
- the enzyme lipase cleaves fats;
- the enzyme amylase cleaves carbohydrates;
- the bioflavonoid rutin, an antioxidant, reduces DNA damage and cancer, and is thought to strengthen the walls of blood vessels.
- thymus concentrate, from calf thymus, contains a variety of thymic proteins, some of which regulate parts of the immune system.
Caution: Individuals taking warfarin (coumadin) should not use these products without consulting a physician.